As of October 18, 2013, Pie and Beer has moved!

Click here to go to the new address, or stay here to read posts from the archives.






Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Mad Crafty

More adventures in naptime. While the bug slept for an hour and a half this afternoon I made a changing pad that will fit in my regular-sized purse. (The Chalmerses aren't ones for schlepping baby paraphernelia around, but this will allow us to change a diaper anywhere, anytime.) I can even tuck a couple diapers and a ziplock of wipes inside.


It folds up, business letter–style, and is secured with Velcro. For the inside,
the part you put the baby on, I used a new shower curtain liner—just cut the
bottom off one that was too long anyway.


If anybody has any tips for machine-sewing bias binding on, lay them on me. I can never get the second side to line up evenly with the first, so I just whipstitch the second side by hand. I don't mind doing that for something nice like a garment, but it's kind of annoying for a small, quick project like this one.

In other news, we got our first fruit off the beleaguered fig tree the other day. It was figgy, but not too sweet. Maybe the later ones will be better, or next year's.

No comments: