As of October 18, 2013, Pie and Beer has moved!

Click here to go to the new address, or stay here to read posts from the archives.






Friday, July 23, 2010

Kid Lunches

We don't usually eat this much pasta! I guess I just had a craving for it, or rather for the ease of it, as I was a bit under the weather last week. As usual, you can see details in the Flickr set here. If T. were rounding up the highlights, she'd mention the peas and carrots (which she requested), the Asian pear, the edamame, the potstickers of course, the tomato (as I was filling her box, she said, "That tomato smells so good!"), and the chocolate chip cookies. Lowlights would include the lentils, lychees (which she loved until this year), fresh cheese with "not-real" (translation: cooked) cherries, and that horrid raw carrot.

3 comments:

margie said...

I have to say, my mom was famous for making me the best lunches around when I was a kid, but she doesn't hold a candle to you! Lunches that are yummy, varied, and pretty? I wish you would make my lunches for me, too :)

Is that an omelette on the lower left with the edamame and asian pear (or daikon?).

Liana Krissoff said...

Thanks. My mom made good lunches too, with all sorts of crazy food. These are mostly just leftovers.

That is an omelette, with some mozzarella and pesto, and Asian pear.

Lara said...

So sweet! I can only hope that when my children are old enough for paked lunches that I do as good of a job as you. Your love for your child shows in the little heart shaped cup and the pomegrante kernels plucked. lovely.