As of October 18, 2013, Pie and Beer has moved!

Click here to go to the new address, or stay here to read posts from the archives.






Saturday, June 10, 2006

This Is . . . the South

Building a fence in 98-degree heat (I'm guessing; one thermometer claimed it was 105) isn't so bad, in retrospect.


As long as while you're retrospecting you're sipping an ice-cold Pimm's Cup in air-conditioned comfort as the baby and the dogs sleep peacefully and the sun goes down.



Pimm's Cup: I don't know if this is authentic, but this is how I did mine this evening. Fill a chilled glass with ice cubes, add 2 or 3 ounces Pimm's No. 1 and a lemon slice, stir, fill the glass with Sprite, stir gently, garnish with a cucumber slice. Certainly it shouldn't be in an old fashioned glass, as here, but rather in a Collins glass.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'd never heard of Pimm's before--sounds delicious--a nice balm for the heat and humidity. Fence is looking great!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liana!!!!! Pimm's did me in at my mom's wdding. It tasted so good I didn't realize I was drunk until I was put to bed by my grandmother shortly after dinner. I think it had cucumbers in it. . .